PMI invites you to share your unique expertise at PMI's Global Congress 2016—North America: the place where the project management community meets. With thousands of attendees from industries and countries around the world, this event is among the world's premier events for project, program and portfolio management professionals. The event will be held from 25 – 27 September 2016 in San Diego, CA, USA.
Interested individuals may submit a proposal through PMI's online Call for Papers tool. The selection process is highly competitive and all proposals undergo a blind peer review. For guidelines for submitting an effective proposal, click here.
PMI® Global Congress 2016—North America content supports the elements of the PMI Talent TriangleTM which promotes the holistic development of leadership capabilities, strategic and business management, and technical skills for professional success. For additional reference to the PMI Talent TriangleTM, please refer to
PMI's Pulse of the Profession-In-Depth Report-The Competitive Advantage of Effective Talent Management
Proposals should provide attendees with:
- New skills, capabilities and behaviors to allow them to deliver successful projects.
- Real-life examples of how technical project management skills, strategic and business-management insight and/or leadership capabilities can enable organizations to execute project and program strategic initiatives effectively.
- Access to cutting edge tools and insights into best practices that attendees can apply to their daily work.
Why speak at congress? Participating in congress is a great way to connect to knowledge and expand your network with your project, program, and portfolio management colleagues across industries in a face-to-face setting and brand yourself as a thought leader in the profession.
If selected to present and the milestones outlined in the speaker agreement are met, the Institute will grant each primary presenter a complimentary registration and up to two (2) co-presenters a 33% discount off registration to the event. (Note: Co-presenter names must be identified with the proposal submission, along with their contribution(s) to the presentation.) The registration fee includes: 3 lunches, 2 receptions and breaks each day; access to the exhibition floor; and the ability to earn PDUs. Speakers are often asked to participate as thought leaders for "special activities" determined during the programming development phase.
Dates to remember
Global Congress 2016—North America Call for Papers:
- Opens on 21 March 2016
- Closes on 29 April 2016
To track the status of your submission, simply login to the system at any time. Submission notifications will be sent by 2 June 2016.
Please note, it is important for presenters to have excellent presentation and facilitation skills. Therefore, we encourage you to use the “Session Recording” feature which is located on the application. Simply describe your session objectives and what attendees will gain by attending your session in a recording—30 seconds or less. Click here to download instructions.
Submission Process and Guidelines:
- Did you submit a proposal for a 2015 or 2016 global congress? Jump to Step #3.
- Didn't submit a proposal for a 2015 or 2016 global congress? Create a personal profile here.
- Review the content area listing.
- Click here to submit proposal for consideration.
Please note that the system does not save an incomplete submission. Please plan to enter all submission details at once.
While speakers will submit individual proposals, PMI may contact you regarding alternate methods of delivering your presentation, such as part of a workshop or partnered with another speaker to deliver a joint presentation.
Timeline for Selected Presenters:
The above dates are subject to change. Any modifications will be communicated as available.
- 9 June 2016: Speaker contracts, contact information, biography, and brief session description are due.
- 18 July 2016: First draft of paper is due.
- 4 August 2016: First draft of presentation is due.
- 9 September 2016: Final paper and presentation presentation are due.