PMI invites you to share your unique expertise at PMI's Global Congress 2016—EMEA. With thousands of attendees, representing over 70 countries, this event is among the world's premier events for project, programme and portfolio management professionals. The event will be held from 9 – 11 May 2016 in Barcelona, Spain.
Interested individuals may submit a proposal through PMI's online Call for Papers tool. The selection process is highly competitive and all proposals undergo a blind peer review.
PMI® Global Congress 2016—EMEA content supports the elements of the PMI Talent Triangle which promotes the holistic development of leadership capabilities, strategic and business management and technical skills for professional success. For additional reference to the PMI Talent Triangle, please refer to
PMI's Pulse of the Profession-In-Depth Report-The Competitive Advantage of Effective Talent Management
Proposals should provide attendees with:
- New skills, capabilities and behaviours to allow them to deliver successful projects.
- Real-life examples of how technical project management skills, strategic and business-management insight and leadership capabilities can enable organisations to execute project and programme strategic initiatives effectively.
- Access to cutting edge tools and insights into best practises that attendees can apply to their daily work.
Why speak at congress? Participating in congress is a great way to connect to knowledge and expand your network with your project, programme and portfolio management colleagues across industries in a face-to-face setting and brand yourself as a thought leader in the profession. Speakers are often asked to participate as thought leaders for special activities determined during the programming development phase.
If selected to present and the milestones outlined in the speaker agreement are met, the Institute will grant each primary presenter a complimentary registration and up to two (2) co-presenters a 33% discount off registration to the event. (Note: Co-presenter names must be identified with the proposal submission, along with their contribution(s) to the presentation.) The registration fee includes: 3 lunches, 2 receptions and breaks each day; access to the exhibition floor; and the ability to earn PDUs. Speakers are often asked to participate as thought leaders for "special activities" determined during the programming development phase.
Submission Dates for Upcoming Congress(es)
| Congress || Call opens (approximately)|| Call closes (approximately)
| Global Congress 2016—EMEA || 24.00 GMT 1 October 2015 || 24.00 GMT 30 October 2015
Submission Process and Guidelines:
- Did you submit a proposal for EMEA or North America Congress 2015? Jump to Step #3.
- Didn't submit a proposal for EMEA or North America Congress 2015? Create a personal profile here.
- Review the content area listing.
- Click here to submit proposal for consideration.
Please note that the system does not save an incomplete submission. Please plan to enter all submission details at once.
While speakers will submit individual proposals, PMI may contact you regarding alternate methods of delivering your presentation, such as part of a workshop or partnered with another speaker to deliver a joint presentation.
Dates to remember:
Global Congress 2016—EMEA Call for Papers:
To track the status of your submission, simply login to the system at any time. Submission notifications will be sent by 21 December 2015.
- Opens on 1 October 2015
- Closes on 30 October 2015
Please note, it is important for presenters to have excellent presentation and facilitation skills. Therefore, we encourage you to use the “Session Recording” feature which is located on the application. Simply describe your session objectives and what attendees will gain by attending your session in a recording–30 seconds or less. Click here to download instructions.
Timeline for Selected Area of Focus Presenters:
The above dates are subject to change. Any modifications will be communicated during the contracting phase.
- 4 January 2016: Speaker contracts, contact information, biography and brief session description are due.
- 15 February 2016: White paper is due for new speakers.
- 29 February 2016: White paper is due for established speakers.
- 7 March 2016: First draft of PowerPoint presentation is due for new speakers.
- 21 March 2016: First draft of PowerPoint presentation is due for established speakers.
- 26 April 2016: Final PowerPoint presentation is due for all speakers.