PMI invites you to share your unique expertise at PMI's Global Congress 2015—North America. With thousands of attendees, representing over forty countries, this event is among the world's premier events for project, program and portfolio management professionals.
Interested individuals may submit a proposal through PMI's call for presentation online tool. The selection process is highly competitive and all proposals undergo a blind peer review.
PMI® Global Congress 2015—North America content supports the elements of the PMI Talent Triangle which promotes the holistic development of leadership capabilities, strategic and business management and technical skills for professional success. For additional reference to the PMI Talent Triangle, please refer to the below link.
PMI's Pulse of the Profession-In-Depth Report-The Competitive Advantage of Effective Talent Management
Proposals should provide attendees with:
- New skills, capabilities and behaviors to allow them to deliver successful projects.
- Real-life examples of how technical project management skills, strategic and business-management insight and leadership capabilities can enable organizations to execute project and program strategic initiatives effectively.
- Access to cutting edge tools and insights into best practices that attendees can apply to their daily work.
If selected to present and the milestones outlined in the speaker agreement are met, the Institute will grant each primary presenter a complimentary registration and up to two (2) co-presenters a 33% discount off registration to the event. (Note: Co-presenter names must be identified at proposal submission. In addition, co-presenters' contribution must be outlined in the proposal.)
Why speak at congress? Participating in congress is a great way to connect to knowledge and expand your network with your project, program and portfolio management colleagues across industries in a face-to-face setting and brand yourself as a thought leader in the profession. To thank presenters for their contributions to the event, congress covers registration fees (or discounts the registration fees) for Area of Focus presenters/co-presenters. The registration fee includes: 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 receptions and breaks each day; access to the exhibition floor; and the ability to earn PDUs. Speakers are often asked to participate as thought leaders for “special activities” determined during the programming development phase. In 2014, speakers were able to also participate as facilitators during the PMI Breakfast X-Change activity.
Submission Dates for Upcoming Congress
| Congress || Call opens (approximately)|| Call closes (approximately)
|Global Congress 2015—North America ||24.00 GMT 9 April 2015||24.00 GMT 15 May 2015||
PMI is using a new platform for the call; therefore, if you did not submit a proposal for Global Congress 2015—EMEA, you will need to create a new personal profile. Click here to create your personal profile and submit a congress proposal.
Submission Process and Guidelines:
- Create a personal profile - create personal profile and then submit congress proposal.
- Review the content area listing
- Click here to submit proposal for consideration. Please note that the system does not save an incomplete submission. Please plan to enter all submission details at once.
Dates to remember:
Global Congress 2015—North America Call for Presentations
To track the status of your submission, simply login to the system at any time; submission notifications will be sent around 29 June 2015. This date is subject to change.
- Opens on 9 April 2015
- Closes on 15 May 2015
Please note, it is important for presenters to have excellent presentation and facilitation skills. Therefore, we encourage you to use the “Session Recording” feature which is located on the application. Simply describe your session objectives and what attendees will gain by attending your session in a recording–30 seconds or less.
Click here to download instructions.
Timeline for Selected Area of Focus Presenters:
The above dates are subject to change. Any modifications will be communicated during the contracting phase.
- 4 July 2015: Contracts, a 50 word biography, 50 word session description and the speaker report is due.
- 15 July 2015: Final white paper is due.
- 14 August 2015: First draft of your Power Point presentation is due.
- 2 October 2015: Final Power Point presentation is due.